We take safeguarding online privacy seriously. Please read the whole of this policy carefully as it sets out what information we may collect from you, how we may use it and your rights in respect of our use.
From time to time, we may need to change our privacy statement because of changes in our organisation, legislation or in our attempts to serve your needs better. We will use reasonable efforts to publish any changes to our privacy statement.
Sophie Elizabeth Fitness is responsible for collecting, processing, storing and safe-keeping personal and other information as part of providing a service and carrying out our regular business activities. We manage personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and we are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office Registration Number A8722091.
Any questions regarding our processing of personal data should be directed to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
We are guided by the following principles when processing data:
- We will only collect data for specific and specified purposes; we will make it clear at the point when we request your information, what we are collecting it for and how we are going to use it;
- We will not collect data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes; we will minimise the amount of information we collect from you to what we need to deliver the services required;
- We will collect and use your personal information only if we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as contacting you with a newsletter, details of upcoming events, services and offers from time to time or to provide you with coaching services.
- We will not use your data for purposes other than those for which it was collected, accepted as stated within this policy, or with your prior consent;
- We will seek to verify and/or update your data periodically and we will accept requests from you for amendment of the data held;
- We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of data secure;
- Except otherwise stated, we will not store data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose or as required by law.
The information we may collect about you could include, but is not limited to:
- Personal details
- Lifestyle and social circumstances
- Financial details
- Physical or mental health details
- Any personal and health data supplied either during sessions or in anticipation of working together
We will collect information from you when:
- You sign up to our newsletter or mailing list
- You download an opt-in
- You join a course or programme
- You contact us for information via our website or social media channels, by phone or email
- You post on our social media channels, website or blog
- You complete a discovery call questionnaire
We may use the information collected to:
- Contact you to arrange a free discovery call on completion of the discovery call questionnaire
- Allow you to process a booking for a fitness class or coaching programme
- Send you our newsletters or provide you with information, services and offers that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- Ensure that content from our site is presented to you in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- Allow you to participate in the service you have chosen to do so
- Notify you about changes to our service
Personal and health data supplied either during coaching sessions or in anticipation of working together will be password protected and stored in an encrypted folder using AxCrypt software. You can find out more about AxCrypt here: https://www.axcrypt.net/
We will never sell or share your personal information with third parties.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides that processing of your data shall only be lawful if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
- You have consented
- For the performance of a contract
- For compliance with a legal obligation which we must perform
- To protect vital interests of your or another person
- It is in the public interest
- It is in the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party
We collect data for the purposes set out above. Data is managed to ensure that it is either erased from our system when it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected, retained for legal reasons or minimised and retained.
Any health data collected from you has special protection and is limited to that permissible by law.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
We will make it as easy as we can for you to opt out of unwanted processing, providing it does not restrict our ability to provide you with the primary service you have requested.
Please note if you wish to unsubscribe from any marketing emails that you have signed up for, you can do so by emailing email@example.com or clicking onto the unsubscribe link on the marketing email that was sent to you. It may take 24 hours for this to become effective.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY & FUTURE PROCESSING
We do not intend to process your personal information except for the reasons stated within this privacy notice. If this changes, this privacy notice will be amended and placed on our website at www.sophieelizabethfitness.com
We continually review our privacy practices and may change this policy from time to time. When it does an amended privacy notice will be placed on our website at www.sophieelizabethfitness.com
This privacy notice was published on 30 July 2020 and last updated on 16 August 2020.
If you are concerned about how we are collecting, using and/or sharing your personal information, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org